Director of Audits
Management Band 4
The Board is seeking a Director of Audits. The incumbent is accountable to lead a multi-disciplinary team of audit managers in delivering the Board’s comprehensive program of independent audits of forestry and range compliance, and appropriateness of government’s compliance and enforcement program across British Columbia.
To apply you must have a university degree in forestry, agrology, biology, natural resource management or a related discipline AND at least 5 years of recent (within the last 7 years), related experience including all of the following:
- leading, managing and conducting natural resource based field audits to determine compliance with regulatory frameworks and best practices
- interpreting and applying natural resource legislation, regulations, policies and practices to determine appropriate courses of action
- writing and developing strategies, plans, reports and providing oral briefings to senior executives
- managing the financial operations of an organizational unit, including budgets and contracts
- leading the development and implementation of operational policy, strategies and business plans
- a minimum of 3 years experience supervising all aspects of employee performance including determining work assignments, specifying deliverables and timelines, approving leave and managing performance.
Click here to APPLY FOR THE POSITION