File A Concern

Have a Concern about Forest or Range Practices?

Any person can file a complaint with the Forest Practices Board. The Board can consider complaints about issues such as planning, including forest stewardship plans, site plans and woodlot licence plans; forest practices such as harvesting trees and road building; range plans and practices; protection of resources, including water, viewscapes and recreation; and industry compliance with, and government enforcement of, the legislation. It cannot deal with complaints related to private property (except in tree farm licences and woodlots), awarding of licences or other forest-related legislation.

What happens after you contact us?

An investigator is assigned the file and will contact you within two business days. The investigator will discuss your concern with you to determine if the Board has the authority to investigate. The investigator will also try to determine if a resolution is possible without an investigation. If no resolution is currently possible and your concern is one the Board can investigate, the investigator will help you file a complaint with the Board. During the investigation, the Board may also attempt to bring participants together and encourage them to find solutions to all or some of the issues raised in the complaint. If the complaint cannot be resolved, the Board will complete the investigation and may make recommendations in a report to the participants. It normally will also publish the report and make it publically available on our website.

Please contact the Board directly with your concern at:

Greater Victoria: (250) 213-4700
Toll Free (BC only): 1-800-994-5899

Click here to email a request to speak to an investigator.