To serve the public interest as the independent watchdog for sound forest and range practices in British Columbia.
- Encourage sound forest and range practices that warrant public confidence.
- Encourage fair and equitable application of the Forest and Range Practices Act and the Wildfire Act.
- Encourage continuing improvements in forest and range practices.
OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
These values and corresponding behaviours guide us in all of our work.
- Act on behalf of the public interest, not any single group
- Perform in a non-adversarial, unbiased, non-partisan and balanced manner
- Be straightforward in approach— tell it like it is
- Base actions and decisions on knowledge, evidence, experience and common sense
- Produce high-quality work
- Seek continuous improvement— both in our work and in forest and range practices
- Treat all people with respect, fairness and sensitivity
- Seek solutions rather than assigning blame
- Provide clear and concise reports to the public
- Be accessible and accountable