To serve the public interest as the independent watchdog for sound forest and range practices.
Our work encourages:
- Sound forest and range practices that instill confidence with the public and Indigenous peoples;
- Continuing improvements in forest and range stewardship; and
- Fair and equitable application of the Forest and Range Practices Act and the Wildfire Act.
OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
These values and corresponding behaviours guide us in all of our work.
- We act on behalf of the public interest, not any single group or individual
- We perform in a non-adversarial, unbiased, non-partisan and balanced manner
- We are straightforward in approach—we tell it like it is
- We base actions and decisions on knowledge, evidence, and experience
- We produce high-quality work
- We seek continuous improvement— both in our work and in forest and range practices
- We treat all participants with fairness and sensitivity
- We seek solutions rather than assigning blame
- We treat all people with courtesy and value their opinions and perspectives
- We recognize the value of a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives
- We provide clear and concise reports to the public
- We are accessible and accountable