Board to audit two non-replaceable forest licences in Cariboo-Chilcotin
VICTORIA– Two non-replaceable forest licences, A56805, held by Yun Ka Whu’ten Holdings Ltd., and A73558, held by Sigurdson Bros. Logging Company Ltd., will be audited the week of Oct. 9, 2007.
The Yun Ka Whu’ten Holdings operations are located in the vicinity of Anahim Lake, which is about 200 kilometres west of Alexis Creek and about 300 kilometres west of Williams Lake, while the Sigurdson Bros. operations are in the vicinity of Alexis Creek. Both companies’ operations are within the area encompassed by the Cariboo-Chilcotin Land-Use Plan.
The limited scope compliance audits will focus on harvesting, roads and associated planning undertaken between Oct. 1, 2006 and the present.
The Forest Practices Board is B.C.’s independent watchdog for sound forest and range practices, reporting its findings and recommendations directly to the public and government. The board:
- audits forest and range practices on public lands;
- audits appropriateness of government enforcement;
- investigates public complaints;
- undertakes special investigations of current forestry issues;
- participates in administrative appeals; and
- makes recommendations for improvement to practices and legislation.
Forest Practices Board
Phone: 250-356-1586 / 1-800-994-5899
October 2, 2007