Zandbelt appointed to Forest Practices Board
VICTORIA – Vernon forestry consultant Debbie Zandbelt has been appointed to the Forest Practices Board.
Zandbelt, a professional forester, has worked in government, industry and consulting in both B.C. and Alberta. Zandbelt is currently working primarily in the areas of professional forestry guidance, timber appraisals and silviculture. She chairs the Association of BC Forest Professionals Professional Practice Committee and is a member of the Practice Advisory Service.
The Forest Practices Board is B.C.’s independent watchdog for sound forest and range practices, reporting its findings and recommendations directly to the public and government. The board:
- audits forest and range practices on public lands;.
- audits appropriateness of government enforcement;
- investigates public complaints;
- undertakes special investigations of current forestry issues;
- participates in administrative appeals; and
- makes recommendations for improvement to practices and legislation.
Forest Practices Board
Phone: 250-356-1586 or 1-800-994-5899
October 20, 2006