Ainsworth Lumber Company Ltd. – Pulpwood Agreement # 16 and West Fraser Mills Ltd. – FL A20001
Forest Operations in 100 Mile House get clean audit
VICTORIA – The Forest Practices Board has given West Fraser Mills Ltd. and Ainsworth Lumber Company Ltd. clean audit results for forest practices in the 100 Mile House forest district.
The board audited West Fraser’s activities under forest licence A20001, mainly focused on the northeast portion of the district, as well as Ainsworth’s activities under a pulpwood agreement to supply fibre to its oriented stand board plant in 100 Mile House.
The audit covered harvesting, road activities and associated planning that took place between July 1, 2005 and July 14, 2006.
“We are pleased to note that both companies complied with forest practices legislation with respect to timber harvesting and road construction, maintenance and deactivation,” said board chair Bruce Fraser.
The Forest Practices Board is B.C.’s independent watchdog for sound forest and range practices, reporting its findings and recommendations directly to the public and government. The board:
- audits forest and range practices on public lands;
- audits appropriateness of government enforcement;
- investigates public complaints;
- undertakes special investigations of current forestry issues;
- participates in administrative appeals; and
- makes recommendations for improvement to practices and legislation.
Forest Practices Board
Phone: 250-356-1586 or 1-800-994-5899
October 30, 2006
Natural Resource Region