CLOSING LETTER: Twain Creek
The complainant said that Babine Forest Products Co. is:
- falling culturally modified trees;
- endangering salmon fry with its barge operating on Babine Lake;
- allowing oil and diesel to leak into lakes and streams;
- improperly disposing of oil and antifreeze;
- allowing buildings to be constructed on traditional territory without permission; and
- planning to spray pesticides in an area where plants are collected for traditional medicine.
- The complaint is also that a guide outfitter has set up operations within traditional territory without permission.